Choosing Between Chestermere, Okotoks and Airdrie when Moving to Calgary Region Chestermere
Chestermere is a fast developing area to the east of Calgary with beautiful nature and perfect infrastructure which attracts more and more residents each year. Indeed, a lot of new residents have come recently to Chestermere and gave this relatively small city extensive growth. Who are these people who choose to live in Chestermere? Strange as it seems, the town's population is made up mostly of young families and young people under 21. Local authorities are doing their best to provide the best conditions for their residents – the new schools and kindergartens are being built (there are seven of them in the town), the new duplexes are under construction too. People like safe and relaxing lifestyle and Chestermere is the town which provides them with comfort and safety. It's a really nice place for those who want to get away from the noisy and polluted cities with a lot of cars, irritating neighbors and whining sirens. Chestermere is ideal for the families who enjoy spending time outdoors because there are many open spaces to play different team games like baseball, rugby, soccer, etc. this city is a paradise for those who are addicted to riding bikes. There are many bike lanes here and one can easily ride from one side of the city to another by bike. The city is growing very fast – there are many communities here like Kinniburgh, Lakeside Green, Westmere, McIver Lands, and more of them appear every year. Every young family would want to live in a city like Chestermere.
Nowadays, young Canadians are looking for two things choosing a city to live in. The first important factor is comfort and good infrastructure and the second one is good and clean environment. Okotoks is this regard is a very good option. What's more, there are great opportunities to set up and develop your business here. In fact, Okotoks is a good place for young families with kids because this city can offer plenty of amenities for them. There are some obvious advantages, which a lot of people will find attractive, like
- short commutes – it takes 5 minutes' tops to get to work by car and basically everything is within walking distance and if you need to get to the international airport Calgary, it will take approximately 40 minutes. Those who work in Calgary will be able to get to work within 15-20 minutes.
- Over 28,000 people are currently living in Okotoks and it is considered one of the youngest communities in Alberta.
- Okotoks is a very good option for business and branch offices relocations because of Alberta's favorable tax environment. Plus, Okotoks doesn't impose a business tax, allowing the businesses to grow fast.
- If you think that small cities like this do not have any cultural life, you are mistaken. There is a museum and an arts center in Okotoks as well as art galleries. This city also hosts some interesting events like Chilli-Fest, Show and Shine, Taste of Okotoks and others attracting many tourists to this place.
- People who like going jogging and riding a bike will find Okotoks a real paradise.
Midtown in Airdrie offers easy access to many amenities and at the same time it is a beautiful area with clean environment and everything you need. There are stores and parks, gas stations and car wash, schools and hospitals here, which makes this place pretty competitive. The authorities decided to turn this town onto a pedestrian paradise having created a perfect connectivity with the parks, amenities, ponds, etc. Multiple pathways existing in the city allow people to get quickly and easily from one point to another enjoying the beautiful view. Indeed, there's a lot to enjoy in this place – the nature is stunning. Although there aren't many cultural centers here, the town is developing fast and appearance of various centers is round the corner.